Good afternoon guys. Welcome to your Good George daily dose of distraction.
Today is a Monday. In the absence of typical Monday watercooler chat it’s time to rate your own weekend. Add or subtract points for the following:
- Had online video chat drinks with family and friends +5
- Waved to a stranger from a distance whilst out for a walk +2
- Made a Lockdown Tik Tok video +1
- Set up a tent in your lounge +2
- Slept in the tent +5
- Mowed the lawn more than once – 4
- Lay on the couch reading Covid news for hours –10
- Started your own Iso blog you plan to make big money off some day -2
- Did some baking for the week ahead but ate the lot by Sunday night +3
- Re-arranged your home office situation to make your video call background more stylish than your work mates -2
- More than 13. Lockdown Legend: You got this and are an inspiration to us all
- Between -5 and 13: Lockdown Learner: Some high points but areas to work on
- Less that -5: Lockdown Lemon: So far you suck at this but you have time to make adjustments and achieve legend status.
Countdown delivery trucks weaving in and out of empty buses
Just in from the Centre for Useless information:
- AFTERCATERACT is the longest word you can type with your left hand using only the left hand side of the keyboard. Other words include wasted and arrested.
- The average person spends 2.5 days a year looking for lost items.
- Movie trailers got their name because they used to be shown after the movie
Today’s Lockdown Project:
Create a Haiku and share in the comments. Best one of the day gets a $200 voucher to spend on our online store.
Here’s our effort:
-A cold, hoppy coffee drinks
-Watch the IPA
Not a poet? We’ve got your back. Use this online Haiku generator to bring out your inner Shakespeare. There’s a $200 voucher to spend in our on-line store for the best of the day in posting in our comments https://www.poem-generator.org.uk/haiku/
Happy Hour Resource :
The Good George Virtual Quiz starts tonight
Tune in from 7pm and bear with us while we try to create a Virtual Quiz. You and your lockdown crew can answer and the score your own efforts and brag about your results in the comments. There’s random prizes and bragging rights up for grabs.
And now it’s time for letters:
Sent in by our mate Sparky - Gone Fishing in Suburban Hamilton. The fish weren’t biting but apparently “it was just good to be out there”