Good afternoon guys. Welcome to your Good George daily dose of diversion & distraction. Today is a Tuesday which is Monday’s annoying sibling.
Free Flowing… like a horses mane whilst galloping into the wind with triumphant music playing
Today we pay tribute to “One hit Wonders”.
- Otara Millionaires Club (OMC) made it big once with the catchy international megahit “How Bizzare”
- “I’m too sexy” by Right said Fred was thrashed by every radio station and cheesy nightclub DJ in 1991
- We know it’s not a hit song but no list like this would be complete without paying tribute to New Zealand cricketer Rodney Redmond who played only one test for NZ in 1972 and scored a century and a 50 on debut. He was never chosen again. Tough!
For a fun waste of 30 mins of your life take the tour music’s top 100 one hit wonders here…
Costume ideas for your next supermarket run:
At times like these you owe it to your fellow kiwis to create a visual spectacle of yourself in the aisles to lift spirits. Here’s some costume suggestions:
- Full Bee Keeper suit
- 5 Hula Hoops in constant rotation
- A bridesmaid dress from the 90’s
- Inflatable Sumo Suit
- Cheerleader outfit
- A “Mummy” wrapped in toilet paper (too risky??)
- Leopard skin Onesie
- Toga and sandals
- A kilt fashioned from a swandri
- Your last outfit from the sevens or darts
- A zorb ball
Social Hour Tip for the Day:
Here’s a social exercise game to play along while watching the action classic The Matrix.
- Anyone picks up a phone – 2 sit ups
- An action scene goes slo-mo – 2 sit ups
- Someone says “Morpheus” 2 sit ups
- An agent takes over a new body 1 sit up
- Anyone defies the laws of physics 3 sit ups
Today’s lockdown Project:
Make your own music video. For creative inspiration watch
OKGO - Here It Goes Again.
Following our musical theme of the day this masterpiece was performed by the band dancing on 8 treadmills and filmed in one continuous take. Apparently it took 17 attempts to film it in one go with the idea coming from a dream the lead singer’s sister had about treadmills. Got a lockdown treadmill or similar device at your place? Go on, we dare you…