Good morning. Welcome to your Good George daily dose of distraction
Today is a WEDNESDAY… the middle child of the weekdays. Always demanding attention
but never quite getting it compared to the youngest Monday and the older, most
Today’s Traffic Update:
Power walkers getting themselves Level 3 Body Ready
Tonight on TV:
TV2 8:30pm New Series POOCH PERFECT
Rebel Wilson hosts a reality show where pet stylists compete to win pawesome prizes. Tune it to see how many dog puns and inappropriate jokes Rebel Wilson can pack into an hour of TV.
Word of the day: MONDEGREEN
This is when you mishear a word or a phrase in a way that give it new meaning – usually in songs. We’ve assembled a few…
- “We built this city on sausage rolls”. Correct lyric: “We built this city on rock ‘n’ roll” from Starship’s ‘We Built This City’
- “Excuse me while I kiss this guy”. Correct lyric: “Excuse me while I kiss the sky” from Jimi Hendrix’s ‘Purple Haze’
- “All the lonely Starbucks lovers”. Correct lyric: “Got a long list of ex-lovers” from Taylor Swift’s ‘Blank Space’.
- “I can see clearly now, Lorraine is gone”. Correct lyric: “I can see clearly now, the rain is gone” from Johnny Nash’s ‘I can see clearly now’
- “Hold me closer, Tony Danza”. Correct lyric: “Hold me closer, tiny dancer” from Elton John’s ‘Tiny Dancer
- “See that girl, watch her scream, kicking the dancing queen”. Should be: See that girl, watch that scene, digging the dancing queen. Dancing Queen – Abba
- “It doesn’t make a difference if we’re naked or not.” Should be: It doesn’t make a difference if we make it or not. Livin’ On A Prayer – Bon Jovi
Today's Lockdown Task:
Learn how to pull off the tablecloth trick
Let’s be honest… By now the novelty of home cooking is wearing off on everybody in the bubble. Now is the perfect time to step it up a notch and add a bit of theatre into dinner time. Impress your bubble crew with the introduction of this table trick safe in the knowledge that if it goes wrong Briscoes are delivering entire dinner sets as essential items. There are countless tutorials on line to show you how to (and not to) do it. Our favourite are two German lads Michel and Sven who added a bit of drama that made their video go viral.
Happy Hour Resource Centre: For people that cant read good or drink good.
Today we pay homage to the original Zoolander. In the interests of host responsibility and promoting healthy exercise we have substituted having a drink for doing an exercise. Today’s exercise alternative is the Sit Up
Sit up every time:
- A celebrity makes a cameo
- Someone has their photo taken
- Someone says "Blue Steel"
Sit Up 2x when:
- Zoolander does Blue Steel
- Zoolander mispronounces a word
Sit Up 5x when:
- Zoolander does Magnum